Monday, May 28, 2012

Video Highlights from March

People have assured me that they managed to snag the videos off the BBC Red Button, but it's notoriously difficult to record so all I'm left with of my swims at the Olympic Trials in March are these clips taken on mates' phones. We'll have to make do for now, and enjoy the various noises people make when watching swimming. If smartphone resolution isn't your thing, you could scroll down to the foot of this page at the British Swimming website and click the 'Men's 50 Free Final' link, but I think the videos below have a rather more personal touch. First, here's my semi-final swim in the 50m Freestyle. I was in the first semi-final so had no idea what sort of time would suffice to qualify for the final. Even coming third didn't guarantee a swim the next day, especially in something as short and boisterous as the 50m Free. Thank you, Cags at TribeSports. (I'm in lane 1.)



My time of 22.87secs. remains my personal best time, and seeded me eighth into the Final the following night. Could I go faster and move up the ranking? I tip my hat in the direction of Mr Lowe for the video. Here it is, complete with pre-race build-up and false-start controversy. (I'm in lane 1 again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment